On Friday evening at El Rio in San Francisco, help celebrate Kentucky Fried Woman's birthday as she emcees Red Hots Burlesque! There will be plenty of show, and then there will be a party on the patio. Happy birthday, Kentucky Fried Woman! But it looks like RHB's Dottie Lux will only be able to stay for a few minutes, because she'll be off to Sebastopol to perform in Risk-A Cabaret's Glam Show!
Saturday evening sees the return of Bunny Pistol's Barbary Coast Burlesque at Enrico's in San Francisco, which is certainly a cause for celebration! And over at Oakland's Cafe Van Kleef, the Hot Pink Feathers and Blue Bone Express will be celebrating the fourth anniversary of their show, Burlesque n' Brass. Plus, they'll be celebrating the birthday of Head Feather Kellita! Happy birthday, Kellita!
First Friday Follies on (yes) Friday and Monday's Hubba Hubba Revue show round out this week's burlesque shows. I'm sure there will be plenty to celebrate at those events, too. So whoop it up this week, and, as the Hot Pink Feathers say, laissez les bon temps roulez!
- Friday, October 1: Red Hots Burlesque at El Rio in San Francisco, 3158 Mission Street. It's a celebration of Kentucky Fried Woman's birthday! Before you help her celebrate on the El Rio patio, join her as she emcees this week's show! With performances by Dottie Lux, Simone de la Getto, La Chica Boom, Chan Dynasty, and AJ Molecular! Show at 7:30pm. $5-10, sliding scale. 21+.
- Also Friday: First Friday Follies at the Stork Club in Oakland, 2330 Telegraph Avenue. Juicy D. Light and Simone Campbell will be hosting the October edition of the show that will feature awesome performances by Dicky Luv of Fella Fem, Bitter Waitress, Rubenesque Burlesque, Francine Dead, Cupcake, Last Night's Fling, Pink Flamingo, and comedienne Candy Churilla! 9pm. No cover, but donations are welcome. 21+.
- Also Friday: Risk-A Cabaret presents the Glam Show at Aubergine After Dark in Sebastopol, 755 Petaluma Avenue. Don your glitter, pull on your platforms, and make sure your pants are extra tight for this one! Starring Dottie Lux, Gibson Pearl, Kitty Von Quim and Honey Penny, Artemis, Ty, and musical guests Glamerica! With an extra special fire show outside! 9pm. $10 beneral, $5 if dressed in glam attire.
- Saturday, October 2: Barbary Coast Burlesque at Enrico's in San Francisco, 504 Broadway Street. Feast your eyes on some of the most beautiful and talented ladies of burlesque! Barbary Coast Burlesque brings you the famous and talented, Kitten on the Keys! The bump and grind of Bunny Pistol! Also starring Isabella Minx, Flame Cynders, and Lady Satan! This grand show will fill a variety of ravenous appetites! 8pm. No cover. 21+.
- Also Saturday: Burlesque n' Brass' 4 Year Anniversary Show at Cafe Van Kleef in Oakland, 1621 Telegraph Avenue. Come join the Feathers and their musical cohorts Blue Bone Express at the ever eclectic Cafe Van Kleef as they celebrate 4 years of bringing you Burlesque n' Brass, and the birth of the lovely Head Feather, Kellita! Join them for what promises to be a memorable and magical night that is sure to put a smile on your face! Doors at 8:30pm, show at 9:30. $10, but tips warmly encouraged! 21+
- Monday, October 4: Uptown Hubba Hubba at the Uptown Club in Oakland, 1928 Telegraph Avenue. This Monday, at the beautiful Uptown Club, Hubba Hubba Revue has an incredible line-up of glittering burlesque stars, sultry, smokey-eyed gypsies and a special guest all the way from the U.K.! This week, the featured performers will be Diva Hollywood, The Pink Flamingo, The Lady Fred, Monifa, Bunny Von Tail, Lady Monster, Jodi Waseca, Ophelia Coeur de Noir, and Zip the What-Is-It?!! Doors at 9pm, show at 10:15. $5, 21+ .
As always, for more information, please check the calendar above. Also, you may want to check back during the week to see if there are any late additions on the blog. And if you have a burlesque show or information about a show that you would like to add to the calendar, please email me at sfbr AT gmx DOT com.