Dottie Lux of Red Hots Burlesque will be having a very busy week. She'll be hosting the Beach House Rent Party show with Alotta Boutté on Thursday at El Rio, performing in the weekly Red Hots Burlesque show on Friday at El Rio, appearing in a "Special Addiction" of Red Hots Burlesque on Saturday night at the Center for Sex and Culture, and finally posing and performing at the Dr. Sketchy's SF event on Tuesday at 111 Minna Gallery. Wow! Plus I'm sure she's probably got some other events lined up, too. That will be one busy lady!
This is also the week of the big Hubba Hubba Revue fourth anniversary show at the DNA Lounge on Friday. If you take a look below at the lineup, you'll see that it is chock full of burlesque goodness! Many of the San Francisco Bay Area's best neo-burlesque performers will be appearing Friday night, so it's a show that you won't want to miss!
On Saturday, Sheba Queen of the Night of Séduction Féroce and Hotcakes will be guest starring in the Original Sin Burlesque show at Sanctuary Ultra Lounge in Livermore. And on Sunday, Debauchery will be happening at the White Horse Bar in Oakland!
Did you miss the Bombshell Betty and Fromagique's Sci-Fi Burlesque show this past Tuesday? Have no fear! They'll be bringing their Klingons and Jedi Knights to the Uptown's Hubba Hubba Revue show this coming Monday night! Science fiction burlesque has been the subject of many media stories in other parts of the country. Now you can see what the fuss is all about!
It looks like a pretty exciting week filled with great shows. Happy burlesquing, everyone! :-)
- Thursday, September 16: Alotta Boutté and Dottie Lux present Beach House Rent Party! at El Rio in San Francisco, 3158 Mission Street. Let the Ladies of the Beach House whet your appetite for liquor and sin, a time when rent parties were jumpin til the cops came knocking. Let's give you exactly what you need: hips grindin', songs beltin' and groovin' til the sun comes up (almost). Featuring performances by Suppositori Spelling, Honey Mahogany, Vera DeVille, Ruby Vixen, Bitter Waitress, AJ Molecular, Gabe Oi, Ava Lanche, Kitty Von Quim, and music spun by DJ AtomicPOP. Hosted by Dottie Lux and Alotta Boutté. 8pm. $5-10 sliding scale, 21+.
- Friday, September 17: Red Hots Burlesque at El Rio in San Francisco, 3158 Mission Street. This week, join guest hosts the Cock-Ts burlesque cheerleaders for an entertaining evening of bumps, grinds and giggles galore. Performances by Kitty Von Quim, Vera DeVille, Dottie Lux and introducing the RHB debut of Dottie Von Polka and Oleeander Moon (aka Jodi Waseca)! Show at 7:30pm. $5-10, sliding scale. 21+ w/ID.
- Also Friday: Hubba Hubba Revue's 4 Year Anniversary Spectacular! at the DNA Lounge in San Francisco, 375 11th Street. It's been four years since the Hubba Hubba Revue first took the stage at the DNA Lounge! So to celebrate the birthday of the biggest, wildest burlesque show ever, they're putting on the biggest, wildest burlesque show ever! Starring the Hot Pink Feathers, Kitty Kitty Bang-Bang, Wiggy Darlington & Vima Vice Squad, the Twilight Vixen Revue, the Diamond Daggers, Rubenesque Burlesque, Sister Kate, trapeze artist Cameron McHenry, Your Little Chernobyl, Ariyana La Fey, Honey Lawless & Gigi d'Flower, Roxy Shocks & Johnny Angelhorn, The Mighty Cerebreau, The Vicar of Liquor, Bunny Pistol, Madam Chartreuse, Calamity Lulu, Sparkly Devil, Mynx d'Meanor, Casey Castille, Alotta Boutté, Delilah, Flame Cynders, Lady Satan, Miss Balla Fire, Gorilla X, and the Hubba Hubba Celebration Go-Go Squad! Doors at 9pm, show at 10. $15 general, $12 advance at dnalounge.com, and $10 at the box office from 9:00-9:30pm. 21+ w/ID.
- Saturday, September 18: Original Sin Burlesque at Sanctuary Ultra Lounge in Livermore, 2369 First Street. Join Original Sin Burlesque at Sanctuary Ultra Lounge for one of their third-Saturday burlesque shows! Enjoy great drinks and tapas...and of course, the gals of Original Sin Burlesque! With special guest performers Sheba Queen of the Night (of B.U.S.T.I.E. and Séduction Féroce) and Hotcakes! 10pm. $5, 21+.
- Also Saturday: Red Hots Burlesque - Special Addiction! at the Center for Sex and Culture in San Francisco, 1519 Mission Street. Flirty fall is upon us and Red Hots Burlesque bring you six of the Bay's best performers in a special addiction Saturday show! Join La Chica Boom, Alotta Boutté, Delilah, Dottie Lux, Bitter Waitress and Francine Dead for a night of classic striptease, wacky pageantry, surrealist beauty, insane magic and just general fun! 10pm. $5.
- Sunday, September 19: Debauchery at the White Horse Bar in Oakland, 6555 Telegraph Avenue. It's that time of the month again... Time to loosen up your tie, hike up your skirt, and get a little naughty with your favorite queer strippers! This month the show benefits Debauchery itself, so that they can keep on putting the show (and benefit local queer organizations) month after month, with dazzling dancers, luscious lapdances, delicious cocktails, and rambunctious raffles to boot. Doors at 7pm, show at 8. Sliding scale $5-15, 21+.
- Monday, September 20: Uptown Hubba Hubba at the Uptown in Oakland, 1928 Telegraph Avenue. Bombshell Betty, her Burlesqueteers, and Fromagique are back, and they're bringing Sci-Fi Burlesque with them to the Uptown Club. You won't want to miss an evening of tantalizing science-fiction burlesque! They'll have robots, aliens, space cowgirls, time travelers, and much more! Plus Star Trek and Star Wars acts to make even the 633K-iest sci-fi buffs drool! Burlesque by Bombshell Betty, Red Velvet, Tasty Temptress, Red Delicious, Vadge O'Fonor, Lezzie McFaggerson, Laika Fox (formerly Mimi Merlot), Sindee Rose, Cocao Loco, and Violet Streak! Plus solo debuts by Bombshell Betty's most recent Burlesquercise graduates Stella Noir, Pickles Kintaro, Andi Stardust, Cherry Cyanide, Kitten Kandy, Pearl E. Gates, Carlita Cupcake! And more!
With live musical accompaniment by the cheesiest band this side of the Milky Way: Fromagique! Hosted by A. Randy Johnson and our favorite dude in a dress, Patina DeCopper! Doors at 9pm, show at 10:15.$5, 21+ w/ID.
- Tuesday, September 21: Dr. Sketchy's San Francisco presents Dottie Lux at 111 Minna Gallery in San Francisco, 111 Minna Street. Draw Dottie Lux of Red Hots Burlesque in her Audrey Two costume by Mister David, voted Best Couturier of the Underworld by SF Weekly! 7pm to 10pm. $10 general, $7 students/teachers. 21+.
As always, for more information, please check the calendar above. Also, you may want to check back during the week to see if there are any late additions to the schedule. And if you have a burlesque show or information about a show that you would like to add to the calendar, please email me at sfbr AT gmx DOT com.