If you have some time on Wednesday and would like to take a class with the troupe, they'll be at M Studio Dance, 3952 Sebastopol Road, Suite 158 (map), from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. to conduct a workshop. For more information about the workshop, please email the troupe at burlesqueonthegogo AT gmail DOT com.
Otherwise, the week ahead has some exciting things happening locally. On Friday, there will be a Haight Street Hop happening at the Milk Bar in San Francisco. There will also be the Red Hots Burlesque weekly show kicking off earlier in the evening. Then across the Bay, the First Friday Follies will be bringing us a Zombie Easter in 3-D at the Stork Club! Oh my, what will that entail?
Saturday night will see the Hubba Hubba Revue bringing back their Cabaret Perilous at the Uptown Club. They'll have the Squidling Brothers Circus Sideshow from Philadelphia to entertain the crowd! Over in Sacramento, Short-Fuse Bettie Entertainment is bringing the Stripping Granny to the center of the state. Add a lot of burlesque performers to the Blazing Burlesque show and they'll have quite an event!
Sunday will be the second happening of the Kentucky Fried Woman's show at the Bench and Bar. She's got quite a lineup scheduled to perform that night!
That's pretty much the extent of the shows for this week. Have a good one! :-)
- Friday, April 1: Red Hots Burlesque at El Rio in San Francisco, 3158 Mission Street (map).Red Hots Burlesque brings you the "city's best" bump and grind at the "happiest hour" in the bay! This week, see the Living Legend of Burlesque, Isis Starr! Plus, witness the burly-q miracles of Dottie Lux, Ava Lanche, Bunny Pistol, Monifa, and Rummy Rose! 7:30pm. $5-$10 sliding scale. 21+.
- Also Friday: First Friday Follies presents Zombie Easter in 3-D at The Stork Club in Oakland, 2330 Telegraph Avenue (map). Juicy D. Light brings you this "no glasses needed" look at a 3-D burlesque show! OMG!!! Featuring performances by The Scarlet Ladders, Francine Dead, Little Eyeful, Madame E, Dorian Faust, Sparkly Devil, Cyanide Sin, Rizzo Rogue, and Coco Noir! Musical guest will be The Gomorran Social Aid and Pleasure Club! 9:30pm. No cover, but donations are welcome. 21+.
- Also Friday: Haight Street Hop at The Milk Bar in San Francisco, 1840 Haight Street (map). Rockabilly record hop hosted and MC'd by "Handsome" Hawk Valentine with disc jockeys Oakie Oran Scott & Rockin Raul! With a special performance by the diritest R&B band in the Bay Area, Slim Jenkins! Burlesque hosted by Isabella Minx, featuring Delilah, Dixie DeLish, Siren Sapphire, Roxy Reve & Stage Bunny Annie Oakland! $5 dance lesson at 9:30pm with Rockin Raul. Free before 10pm, $5 after. 21+.
- Saturday, April 2: Hubba Hubba Revue's Cabaret Perilous at the Uptown Club in Oakland, 1928 Telegraph Avenue (map). Acrobats & dare-devils! Tantalizing beauty! Singers! Dancers! And gala entertainments galore! Featuring Philadelphia's Squidling Brothers Circus Sideshow! Plus performances from Sister Kate, Bunny Pistol, Room for Cream, pole acrobat Kara Nova, accordianista Amber Lee Baker, and the Displayed Labors Sideshow! Hosted by Odessa Lil & The Mai-Tai Go-Go Dancers! With special musical guests, those maestros of voodoo swing, Slim Jenkins (www.slimjenkins.com)! Doors open at 9pm, show at 10. $10 all night. 21+.
- Also Saturday: Blazing Burlesque at Vega's Nightclub and Sports Bar in Sacramento, 910 2nd Street (map). Sacramento's premiere burlesque revue is held once a month on the first Saturday of every month. This Saturday, join hostess Linda del Sol for a celebration of Easter! Featuring the exciting comedic experience of Lynn Ruth Miller, "The Stripping Granny"! Burlesque performances by Miss Lizzy D. Vine, BlackRose, Francine Dead, Sheba Queen of the Night, Patricia Misery, Pearl E.Gates, and more! With raffles, door prizes, drink specials, and more! Doors at 9pm, show at 10. $10, $5 off with any Short-Fuse Bettie's flier! 21+.
- Sunday, April 3: Kentucky Fried Woman's True(?) Hollywood Stories at Bench & Bar in Oakland, 510 17th Street (map). Get ready for KFW's second show at the Bench and Bar! Music pre-show provided by DJ Dandy G! With performances by Starr69 as Co-Femme-Cee, Vixen Noir, Lola Dean, Dottie Lux, Ava Lanche, Chan Dynasty, Drew Montana, Penny Whistle, Shawna Virago, La Chica Boom, Sugarbush Lane, Brock Cocker & Jay Walker, and Charleston Chu & Lance Armstar! With dancing post-show to music provided by VJ Dandy Dixon! With Billy "the Poof" Elliot as their handsome Stage Daddy. Doors at 7pm, show at 7:30. $10. 21+.
- Monday, April 4: Uptown Hubba Hubba at the Uptown Club in Oakland, 1928 Telegraph Avenue (map). This week is an extra-special Hubba Hubba Revue, because from Brooklyn they've got special guests, Dangerous Curves Ahead: Burlesque on the Go-Go! Featuring performaces from Clams Casino, Anita Cookie, Gigi LaFemme, Darlinda Just Darlinda, and Minnie Tonka! The show will be hosted by Kingfish & Zip the What-Is-It?! Doors 9:00pm, show 10:15. $5. 21+.
- Tuesday, April 5: Dangerous Curves Ahead - Little Minsky's Special Edition at Club Deluxe in San Francisco, 1511 Haight Street (map). The troupe known as Dangerous Curves Ahead: Burlesque on the Go-Go make their stop in San Francisco at Little Minsky's Club Deluxe. The host for this show will be Scotty the Blue Bunny! It'll be a full steamy show of shimmy and shake from Dangerous Curves Ahead with lively tunes from Eugene Warren's Jazz Ensemble throughout the night. Doors at 8pm, show at 9. $10. 21+.