There are a variety of shows spread out through the week, beginning with Little Minsky's on Thursday and ending next Tuesday with Séduction Féroce in Oakland and Sci-Fi Burlesque in San Francisco.
Read through the list and see what appeals to you. There's quite a variety this week, both in terms of type of show and in geographic location. There's sure to be something to suit your tastes and needs.
Happy burlesquing everyone!
- Thursday, September 9: Little Minsky's Burlesque and Variety Show at Club Deluxe in San Francisco, 1511 Haight Street. See one of San Francisco's longest-running monthly burlesque shows. It happens every second Thursday of the month, and is brought to you by Douglas Good (of Cabaret Verdalet). 9pm. $5, 21+ w/ID.
- Friday, September 10: The Mischievous Maidens Variety and Burlesque Show at The Skylark Bar in San Francisco, 3089 16th Street. Sit down for some ice cold drinks and some sizzling hot entertainment as the Mischeivous Maidens entice, amaze and arouse you with hot, hot, smoking hot burlesque. Featuring FunnyMan Leeland. Doors at 7pm, show at 8:30 (Edited September 9, 2010). Free, 21+.
- Also Friday: Red Hots Burlesque at El Rio in San Francisco, 3158 Mission Street. Dottie Lux brings you a different show every single week! Each event promises the seductive and spicy, absurd and amusing all from local and visiting talent. Show at 7:30pm. $5-10, sliding scale. 21+ w/ID.
- Also Friday: Risk-A Cabaret presents Steampunk Sideshow! at Aubergine After Dark in Sebastopol, 755 Petaluma Avenue. Come at 7:30 to see the patio of the cafe transformed into an old-timey midway, respite with gadgets and gismos, wandering vaudevillians, and perhaps even a fire spouting art car. The parking lot will be overtaken by the most amazingly fantastic bikes of wonder! And there will also be the usual burlesque, bellydance, and variety show inside at 9pm. Featuring Shovelman, Black Sheep Brass, Ariellah and Deshret Dance Company, Honey Lawless, J9, Ron Sonomamagic, Cassandra, and Joweh! With art and crafts by Krank-Boom-Clank, The Traveling Wonders of the Boiler Bar, Adornment for Tarts, Latent Twist Splatterdashery, and Lost Arts Foundry. Doors at 7:30pm, show at 9. $10, $5 if in steampunk attire.
- Saturday, September 11: Le Boy at the White Horse Inn in Oakland, 6551 Telegraph Avenue. Queer gender-bending boylesque! Join Dicky Luv for a celebration of 40 years of queerness! With Genie, Lance Armstar, Mr. Bean, Blaze Cummings, Mitch Brothers, Vera DeVille, Oh Cody, FElix from the Crescent City King, New Orleans, and host Dicky Luv of Fella-Fem! Doors at 7:00pm, show at 8:30. $10 (sliding scale on request), 21+.
- Sunday, September 12: Whit's Knee Fun-Raiser 2 at The Stork Club in Oakland, 2330 Telegraph Avenue. First Friday Follies is proud to present a special night of Bands, Burlesque, BBQ, and more! It's a night of variety with a heart as the community of Bay Area entertainers get together to fundraise for one of our own! Our beloved local performer, Whitney Moses, suffered a massive injury in May of this year, and as a result underwent an incredibly costly surgery to re-attach her knee and now still has months of physical therapy. With performances by Sparkly Devil, Alotta Boutte, Kiss Me Kate, Balla Fire, Casey Castille, Lady Satan, Lola Vauntz, Jodi Waseca, F'risque, Ariyana LeFey, sASSy Hotbuns, Whitney Moses and Nate Taylor, Ruby White, and more TBA! Musical guest La Plebe! Hosted by Kingfish of Hubba Hubba Revue. With raffles, auctions, special guests, and more! Doors 4pm, show at 6. $5 (donations accepted inside), 21+ w/ID.
- Monday, September 13: Uptown Hubba Hubba at the Uptown in Oakland, 1928 Telegraph Avenue. Celebrate the start of the fall season with your old friends Kingfish and Eddie. This week, they'll welcome Alotta Boutte, Dottie von Polka (from New Orleans), Lizzy D. Vine, Bunny von Tail, Oleeander Moon, Sheba Queen of the Night, Kiss Me Kate, Tasty Temptress, comedian Kevin Hancock, and The Mighty Cerebreau! Doors at 9pm, show at 10:15. $5, 21+ w/ID.
- Tuesday, September 14: Séduction Féroce at Era Art Bar in Oakland, 19 Grand Avenue. Séduction Féroce is a burlesque cabaret variety show that happens every second Tuesday of the month! Join guest MC and comedic genius Candy Churilla and DJ Paul Rosas for a show that will tantalize and enthrall. Starring Peaches Velour, Ooh La La, Hotcakes, Ruby Vixen, Sheba & Vegas Jake, Joie de Vivre, Billie Boudoir, Moan Cheri,Delilah, Miss Bella Trixx, Bunny Von Tail, Vera Deville, Akeelah Beotch, and Chi Chis del Fuego. Doors at 8pm, show at 9. $5, 21+.
- Also Tuesday: Bombshell Betty and Fromagique present Sci-Fi Burlesque at the Elbo Room in San Francisco, 647 Valencia Street. You won't want to miss an evening of tantalizing science-fiction burlesque! We have robots, aliens, space cowgirls, time travelers, and much more! Plus Star Trek and Star Wars acts to make even the 633K-iest sci-fi buffs drool! Burlesque performance by Bombshell Betty, Red Velvet, Tasty Temptress, Red Delicious, Vadge O'Fonor, Lezzie McFaggerson, Laika Fox (formerly Mimi Merlot), Sindee Rose, Cocao Loco, and Violet Streak! With solo debuts from Stella Noir, Pickles Kintaro, Andi Stardust, Cherry Cyanide, Kitten Kandy, Pearl E. Gates, Carlita Cupcake, Madonna-May Hemm, and Georgia Moonshine! Musical accompaniment by Fromagique. Hosted by A. Randy Johnson and Patina DeCopper. Doors 9pm, show at 9:30. $10 ($15 for cabaret seating), 21+.
As always, for more information, please check the calendar above. Also, you may want to check back during the week to see if there are any late additions to the schedule. And if you have a burlesque show or information about a show that you would like to add to the calendar, please email me at sfbr AT gmx DOT com.