Bunny Pistol kicks things off with her Holiday Party at the Hemlock Tavern in San Francisco on Wednesday. There will be a party starting at 8:30 p.m. with music, door presents, and food and drink. Though you may have to bring your own mistletoe! And of course, there will be burlesque performances starting at 9:30. The cover will be a $6 donation at the door.
One of the quirks of this week's schedule is that there will be four different shows on Friday night in four different areas of the Bay Area! You may not be able to make all four shows, so you'll have to pick one or two to see.
The first show is the weekly Red Hots Burlesque show at El Rio in San Francisco's Mission District. This week, Living Legend of Burlesque Isis Starr is the host, and there will be visiting performers from Los Angeles. The show starts at 7:30 p.m., and cover is on a sliding scale from $5.00 to $10.00, so you pay what you can.
Next, sASSy's Seaside Burlesque will be happening on the coast in Pacifica at Winters Tavern. The doors open at 8:00 p.m., but the show starts at 9:00. This month, the Hubba Hubba Revue's Kingfish will be host, and the performers will include Honey Lawless, Miss Mae Western, Bunny Pistol, Miss Honey Penny, and more!
Over in Oakland at the Stork Club, Juicy D. Light is taking over the reins of First Friday Follies, and their first show is F#%k the Holidays! Your hostess will be the same Juicy D. Light, and the show will have performances by Revolva of Portland, Lizzy D. Vine of Sacramento, Rubenesque Burlesque, The Stripping Granny, and more! The doors are at 9pm, and the free show starts at 9:30.
Up in Sebastopol at Aubergine After Dark, Risk-A Cabaret is saying goodbye, at least for a little while. They're intimating that they'll be going on the road, so they're last show will be a Sendoff Party! Oleeander Moon will be hosting a show that will feature Nicki Sparxx, Miss Queen B, Rose Harden, Honeysuckle Moses, and others. There will be fire performances, too! It all begins at 8pm, and it's just $10.00 ($5.00 if you dress as a vagabond). Come and say bon voyage to the North Bay's only burlesque show!
On Saturday, join the Hot Pink Feathers and Blue Bone Express at Cafe Van Kleef in Oakland for their monthly show, Burlesque n' Brass. This month, there will be 16 showgirls in that intimate venue, and they'll be premiering their new act, "Santa Does the Mambo!" The doors open at 8:30pm, and the show starts at 9:30. Cover is $10.00.
Last, but not least, The Mischievous Maidens make an appearance at the Hubba Hubba Revue show at the Uptown Nightclub on Monday night. Bubble Yum and Kitty Coquette will also perform some solo numbers. I'm suspecting that the acts will have a holiday theme! The Maidens willl be joined by Shadow Circus Creature Theater, SF Boylesque and MJ Paul's Go-Go Girlies! And there will be more performers, too. Lots of show for just a fiver! Doors will be open at 9:00 p.m., and the show will being at around 10:15.
So there you have it, the week in SF burlesque for the first week of December 2010. Happy holidays, everyone! :-)
- Wednesday, December 1: Bunny Pistol's Holiday Party at the Hemlock Tavern in San Francisco, 1131 Polk Street (map). Join Bunny Pistol as she kicks off the holiday season. What better way to say I love you than with a big party?!? There will be door presents, food, drinks, and music! And of course, burlesque! Get there early to get your present! All proceeds go to the performers. Cocktails and seating at 8:30pm, burlesque at 9:30. $6 donation at the door. 21+.
- Friday, December 3: Red Hots Burlesque at El Rio in San Francisco, 3158 Mission Street (map). Join Dottie Lux and host Living Legend of Burlesque Isis Starr as they welcome Lucille Highball and Scarlet O'gasm from LA! Also performing will be Sheba Queen of the Night and Dawn Devine. Show at 7:30pm. $5-10, sliding scale. 21+.
- Also Friday: sASSy's Seaside Burlesque - Holiday Edition at Winters Tavern in Pacifica, 1522 Francisco Boulevard (map). That's right they're doing it again, but this time with tinsel and mistletoe. Come watch your favorite seaside sirens shake up the eggnog and deck your halls! With your favorite belly that shook like jelly; Kingfish! Starring Isabella Minx, Bunny Pistol, Honey Lawless, sASSy Hotbuns, Miss Mae Western, Honey Penny, and stage kitten Ava Lanche. Doors at 8pm, show at 9. No cover. 21+.
- Also Friday: First Friday Follies - F#%k the Holidays Show at the Stork Club in Oakland, 2330 Telegraph Avenue (map). Join new First Friday Follies producer Juicy D. Light for the F#%k the Holidays Show! She'll also be hosting this month. Featuring performances from The Stripping Granny, Ariyana La Fey, Miss Lizzy D. Vine (Sacramento), Pink Flamingo, Vixen Noir, Revolva (Portland), plus Rubenesque Burlesque! Doors at 9pm, show at 9:30. No cover. 21+
- Also Friday: Risk-A Cabaret's Sendoff Party at Aubergine After Dark in Sebastopol, 755 Petaluma Avenue (map). It's gettin cold out there folks! Risk-A Cabaret thinks that it's high time to hit the road for some warmer climates, but before they do, they cordially invite you to send them off in true vagabond style...with pretty ladies, raucous beats, and fire...lots of fire! With performances by Rose Harden, Nicki Sparxx, Miss Queen B, Radha, Joweh, and La Linda. Fire performances by Joey V and Max Ashley! With music from DJ Chango B, Black Sheep Brass, Honeysuckle Moses, and JD Limelight. 8pm. $10, $5 if you dress in your vagabond finery. 21+.
- Saturday, December 4: Burlesque n' Brass at Cafe Van Kleef in Oakland, 1621 Telegraph Avenue (map). Come join the Feathers and their musical cohorts Blue Bone Express at Cafe Van Kleef for sets and sets of not only live, but exceedingly lively music and dance! December’s show will feature 16 Showgirls in an intimate club! And the world premiere of "Santa Does the Mambo!" Doors at 8:30pm, show at 9:30. $10, 21+.
- Monday, December 5: Uptown Hubba Hubba at the Uptown Club in Oakland, 1928 Telegraph Avenue (map). Celebrate the holiday season with Kingfish and Eddie! They'll be joined this Monday by The Mischievous Maidens, Shadow Circus Creature Theater, Vixen Noir, Soledad Song, and Zip the What-Is-It?! Plus a special appearance by SF Boylesque & MJ Paul's Go-Go Girlies featuring Dean Disaster! Doors at 9pm, show at 10:15. $5, 21+ .
As always, for more information, please check the calendar above. Also, you may want to check back during the week to see if there are any late additions on the blog. And if you have a burlesque show or information about a show that you would like to add to the calendar, please email me at sfbr AT gmx DOT com.