The benefit for Eddie Dane of the Hubba Hubba Revue will lead off the week on Wednesday night at the Uptown Nightclub in Oakland, and it will feature a lot of the area's best burlesque performers plus musical guests The Phenomenauts and Toshio Hirano! Eddie needs several surgeries to save his eyesight, and they'll be very expensive. He needs our help to save his sight! So help give back to someone who gives us so much entertainment by attending and purchasing a photo of yourself with the Twilight Vixen Revue, entering the raffle, or by donating in other ways. And if you can't attend, you can give online at Eddie's GiveForward page! Eddie will also be the emcee for the Hubba Hubba Revue show, "Cabaret Perilous," on Saturday at the Uptown.
Kitty Victorian will be visiting from Washington, DC, and she'll be performing at Friday's Red Hots Burlesque show at El Rio in San Francisco and at the Fella-Fem Show at the White Horse Bar in Oakland on Saturday evening. She founded DC's first burlesque troupe, the DC Gurly Show, in 2004, and she's been teaching burlesque at her Burlesque University since 2006.
Scotty the Blue Bunny will be performing at Little Minsky's on Thursday night at Club Deluxe in San Francisco. He's been traveling the world, but he's back for a bit. You'll want to see him before he hops away again! It's not everyday that you see a 6' 7" blue bunny with the attitude to match!
So check out all of the shows below and choose which ones at which you'd like to have a great time! :-)
- Wednesday, November 10: Eddie Dane's Eyeballs Benefit Show at the Uptown Nightclub in Oakland, 1928 Telegraph Avenue (map). All-star cast of music, comedy, variety and burlesque! Benefiting our beloved Eddie Dane of the Hubba Hubba Revue who is undergoing multiple surgeries on his eyes. Cover charge is $10, but you get: The Phenomenauts, Toshio Hirano, Sparkly Devil, Twilight Vixen Revue, Bunny Pistol, Honey Penny, Sassy Hotbuns, Madam Chartreuse, Balla Fire, Last Night's Fling, Vera DeVille, Bella Trixx, Mary Van Note, Kevin Hancock and more! Emceed by none other than...Kingfish!!! Be'lee dat! And if you can't come out to play, but still want to support, here's a link to the GiveForward page. Muchas Gracias! And check out the photo booth with Twilight Vixen Revue from 9-10. Only $5 for a photo with the Vixens! Silent auction and raffle, too! Doors 8pm, show at 9. $10, 21+.
- Thursday, November 11: Little Minsky's Burlesque and Variety Show at Club Deluxe in San Francisco, 1511 Haight Street (map). San Francisco's longest-running monthly burlesque show will feature some classic performers this Thursday! Odessa Lil will be mistress of ceremonies, and mercilessly mischievous Scotty the Blue Bunny will entertain with his shenanigans. Plus Mai Tai, founding member of Kitty Kitty Bang Bang, will perform with Mighty Girl Cabaret, along with the Diamond Daggers, Polly Peabody from Los Angeles, Ruby White, Lady Satan, Miss Mae Western, Bunny Pistol, and Mynx d'Meanor. Plus there will be original Motown cabaret and torch songs from Karina Denike & Friends! Doors at 9pm, show at 10. $5, 21+.
- Friday, November 12: Red Hots Burlesque at El Rio in San Francisco, 3158 Mission Street (map). Red Hots Burlesque brings you bumps grinds and giggles galore, and this week they welcome a whole lot of new performances. Making their RHB debuts are Vienna La Rouge and Miss Rahni! They are joined by the return of Shadow Circus! Plus see Kitty Victorian from Washington, D.C., and The Squidling Brothers from Philadelphia! Show at 7:30pm. $5-10, sliding scale. 21+.
- Also Friday: The Mischievous Maidens featuring Leeland at The Skylark Bar in San Francisco, 3089 16th Street (map). Join the Mischievous Maidens burlesque troupe for a fun start to your weekend at the Skylark Bar with live burlesque and stand-up comedy! No cover, 21+.
- Saturday, November 13: The Fella-Fem Show at The White Horse Bar in Oakland, 6551 Telegraph Avenue (map). This month it's the Fella-Fem Show, celebrating marriage equality with a Glee-ful theme! With Blaze Cummings, Vera DeVille, Fagatron, Mitch Brothers, Dicky Luv, GQ Society, Kitty Victorian, Brock Crocker, Lo Silva of Verbatim! Doors at 7pm, show at 8. $10, 21+.
- Also Saturday: The Hubba Hubba Revue presents Cabaret Perilous at the Uptown Nightclub in Oakland, 1928 Telegraph Avenue (map). A heart-stopping jubilee of danger and desire, featuring captivating variety entertainments provided by the Displayed Labors Sideshow, pole-dancer Kara Nova, acrobats Ladybug & Crow, songstress Casey Castille, The New Eccentrics, Madam Chartreuse, Bunny Pistol, Oleeander Moon, J.D. Limelight, Jellyfish Kiss Burlesque, and Zip the What-Is-It?! With musical guests The Brothers Horse! Hosted by Sideshow Eddie and The Hubba Hubba Go-Go Dancers! Doors at 9pm, show at 10. $10, 21+.
- Monday, November 15: Uptown Hubba Hubba at the Uptown Club in Oakland, 1928 Telegraph Avenue (map). Uptown Hubba Hubba is back with Bombshell Betty and the Burlesqueteers, returning to shimmy, shake & grind their way into your hearts and psyches! With live musical accompaniment by San Francisco's cheesiest band, Fromagique! Doors at 9pm, show at 10:15. $5, 21+ .
- Tuesday, November 16: Dr. Sketchy SF presents Talia at 111 Minna Gallery in San Francisco, 111 Minna Street (map). Talia is an aerialist, art model, and cutie! Don't miss your opportunity to draw her! 7pm to 10pm. $10 general, $7 students and teachers. 21+. Also , Dr. Diane will run the Dr. Sketchy's Drawing Clinic! It will be from 5:30 to 6:30 at 111 Minna. For $20, you will get the one hour workshop and guaranteed front row admission to Dr. Sketchy's! It's limited to 12 people, so email Diane Olivier to get on the list, and include what drawing issues you are experiencing.
As always, for more information, please check the calendar above. Also, you may want to check back during the week to see if there are any late additions on the blog. And if you have a burlesque show or information about a show that you would like to add to the calendar, please email me at sfbr AT gmx DOT com.