This coming week is filled with regularly scheduled weekly and monthly shows. But that doesn't mean that there's nothing special happening!
There will be some visiting performers including Lola Martinet of Chicago, Twinkletoes McGee, Vivi Ennui, and Ms. Louisa of Minneapolis. There will be a debut from new Bay Area resident Lola Dean, and many stage debuts from graduates of Bombshell Betty's Burlesquercise classes and the Hot Pink Feathers Showgirl Academy! And Living Legend of Burlesque Isis Starr will be performing, too.
So check out all of the shows below and choose which ones you'd like to see. Have a good time this week! :-)
- Friday, November 5: Red Hots Burlesque at El Rio in San Francisco, 3158 Mission Street (map). Join Dottie Lux and RHB for San Francisco's only weekly burlesque show! This week, Lola Dean makes her El Rio debut, and Jay Walker makes a solo debut! Plus see Lola Martinet all the way from Chicago! With Bitter Waitress and The Empress. Show at 7:30pm. $5-10, sliding scale. 21+.
- Also Friday: First Friday Follies at The Stork Club in Oakland, 2330 Telegraph Avenue (map). This month, First Friday Follies brings you a tribute to Glenn Danzig! It will be Cupcake's last show as producer before Juicy D. Light takes over in December. This show will feature the music of Danzig, Samhain, and the Misfits. Featuring Twinkletoes McGee, Mz. K of F'risque`, Madam Chartreuse, Miss Balla Fire, Ophelia Coeur de Noir, Dixie DeLish, Vivi Ennui, Vaudie VaBoom and Lady Satan! 9pm. No cover, but donations are welcome. 21+.
- Also Friday: Risk-A Cabaret at Aubergine After Dark in Sebastopol, 755 Petaluma Avenue (map). This month, Risk-A Cabaret brings you "Day of the Dead-ly Halloween Hangover!" Hosted by Oleeander Moon. See gender-bending burlesque troupe the Diamond Daggers, Living Legend of Burlesque Isis Starr, and Red Hots Burlesque's Dottie Lux With a Random American World Dance performance by Joweh! See the Bay Area's premier male belly dancer, Paige Lawrence! With music from Brothers Horse and fire performance by Max Ashley. 9pm. $10, $5 if in a Dia De Los Muertos costume. 21+.
- Saturday, November 6: Burlesque n' Brass at Cafe Van Kleef in Oakland, 1621 Telegraph Avenue (map). Join the Hot Pink Feathers and their musical cohorts Blue Bone Express at Cafe Van Kleef for sets and sets of not only live, but exceedingly lively music and dance! Featuring new solo numbers by Tacky Onassis, Cherry Galette and one burlesque beauty so new she is yet unnamed! Doors at 8:30pm, show at 9:30. $10, 21+.
- Monday, November 8: Uptown Hubba Hubba at the Uptown Club in Oakland, 1928 Telegraph Avenue (map). This week will see some very special visiting performers: Ms. Louisa from Minneapolis, Vivi Ennui from Reno, and Twinkletoes McGee from Detroit! Plus, see some of the recent graduates of the Hot Pink Feathers Showgirl Academy, Lolly Gagger, Cheeky Sweets, Red Velvet, Lily Diamond, La Bamboo Vixen, and Joy Ryde! Doors at 9pm, show at 10:15. $5, 21+ .
- Tuesday, November 9: Séduction Féroce at Era Art Bar in Oakland, 19 Grand Avenue (map). Séduction Féroce is a burlesque cabaret variety show that happens every second Tuesday of the month! They will have belly dancing, drag, burlesque, a stage kitten that will make you lick your bowl of milk clean, Midnight Magenta Muse, and the evening with be hosted by guest MC and comedic genius Kevin Hancock and the man that'll be keeping the show on flow is DJ Paul Rosas! With performances by Melicious, Libby Doe & Guest, Moan Cheri, Billie Boudoir, Honey Lawless, Ruby Vixen, Bridgid McGuinness, Megajoule, Amelia of the Diamond Daggers, Vivi Ennui, and Saranaqued! 8pm. $5, 21+.
- Also Tuesday: Bombshell Betty and Fromagique's Circus Variety Show at the Elbo Room in San Francisco, 647 Valencia Street (map). It's Bombshell Betty's and Fromagique's monthly show at the Elbo Room! This month, the theme is "Circus Variety Show." Starring Bombshell Betty, Red Velvet, Lezzie McFaggerson, Cherry Chapstick, Pickles Kintaro, Pearly Gates, Mint Julep, Summer Fling, Red Delicious, and Mistress Marla Spanks! Plus Burlesqueteers so new they don't even have stage names! Come see their solo debuts and debuts with group numbers. All of this show will be hosted by Patina DeCopper, and there will be music from Fromagique! Doors at 9pm, show at 9:30. $10, $30 for a table for two. 21+.
As always, for more information, please check the calendar above. Also, you may want to check back during the week to see if there are any late additions on the blog. And if you have a burlesque show or information about a show that you would like to add to the calendar, please email me at sfbr AT gmx DOT com.