Also this week are the weekly shows Uptown Hubba Hubba and Red Hots Burlesque.
Add in Dr. Sketchy's SF and Haute House Burlesque, and you have this week's lineup!
- Monday, March 23, 2009: Uptown Hubba Hubba at the Uptown in Oakland, 1928 Telegraph Avenue. Heat things up with Room for Cream, Chi Chis del Fuego, Pin Key Lee, Josie Starre, Penny Lux, sASSy Hotbuns, Miss Mae Western, and Madam Chartreuse! Doors at 9pm, show at 10:15ish. $5, 21+ w/ID.
- Also Monday: Dr. Sketchy's SF at 111 Minna Gallery in San Francisco, 111 Minna Street. Join your Dr. Sketchy's hosts Alice Stribling and Jessica Whiteside as they welcome Alotta Boutté for an evening of sketchin', drawin', drinkin', and burlesquin'. 7pm to 10. $10 general, $7 students/faculty with ID "in hand." 21+ w/ID.
- Wednesday, March 25: Haute House Burlesque at (Location change this month!) Bombshell Betty's Studios in SF, 715 Bryant Street, #102. Join Bombshell Betty and the Burlesqueteers, Fromagique, and the Fromagettes! for an evening of BYOB wine and burlesque in a comfortable studio setting.sDoors at 7pm, show at 8. $15, $12 in advance (presale until noon of the day of the show at www.bombshellbetty.net/shows.html), 18+.
- Friday, March 27: Red Hots Burlesque at El Rio in San Francisco, 3158 Mission Street. Dottie Lux brings you a different show every single week! Each event promises the seductive and spicy, absurd and amusing all from local and visiting talent. Show at 7:30pm. $5-10 sliding scale, 21+ w/ID.
- Also Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, March 27-29, April 3-5: Kitten on the Keys in "Does This Piano Make My Ass Look Big?" at Mama Calizo's Voice Factory in SF, 1519 Mission Street. Kitten on the Keys is one of the premier performers in the Bay Area burlesque scene. Her long awaited one woman musical follows the hi-jinks of a dorky suburban gal who is not so secure, a bit addicted, and oh so slightly socially impaired. This hilarious, rumpus, time-traveling fairytale will tickle your funny bones and stir your nether's like no other. Ms. Kitten's a little Judy Tenuta, a dirty-shot of Mae West, and a dash of Shirley Temple optimism. Show at 8pm Fridays and Saturdays, 2pm on Sundays. Tickets $15-20 at the box office, no one turned away due to lack of funds. Tickets also available at www.brownpapertickets.com/event/56774. 18 and older.
As always, for more information, please check the calendar above. And if you have a burlesque show or information about a show you would like to add to the calendar, please email me at sfbr AT gmx DOT com.