Calendar of Events

Friday, July 24, 2009

Tease-O-Rama 2009 news: No TOR this year

It's official. There will not be a Tease-O-Rama (www.teaseorama.com) in 2009. Artistic director and producer Baby Doe released an official statement on Tease-O-Rama's Yahoo Groups (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/teaseorama/) stating that she and co-producer Alan Parowski decided not to go forward with the event this year due to the recession. Here is the statement:

Tease-O-Rama 2009

I have not made an official announcement on this list but people have been asking me so I thought I would let you know. Alan and I have decided not to do Tease-O-Rama in 2009.

It was just too tough for us to figure out with this economy. There are lots of local SF burlesque events that are doing great but with the expenses to pull together such a big event like Tease-O-Rama we were a little gun shy this year... even the San Francisco Blue's Fest cancelled their event after 36 years! Ek!

Do not fear - Tease-O-Rama is not gone forever! We have LOTS of plans in the works and as always PLEASE keep in touch and let us know what you are up to. We love hearing about new acts and events that are being created. Feel free to send stuff to us at: Tease-O-Rama 2215-R Market St #177 SF CA 94114

I hope to see old friends and meet new ones at Burlycon in Seattle this October where I will be a guest of honor (aw, thanks guys!). Please introduce yourself to me at the event cause I would love to meet you. www.burlycon.com

Oh also save the dates of November 13th and 14th in SF as I will be producing my dream theatrical show The Go Go Spectacular at the BRAVA. Totally different then Tease-O-Rama but just as much bang for your buck! Details will be sent on this soon.

XOXO Baby Doe
Tease-O-Rama Artistic Director/Producer

So it appears that TOR will be back next year, if the economy becomes healthier. I'm sure you all are disappointed as I am, but we'll look forward to future TORs! :-)

In the meantime, I'll work on putting together a calendar of burlesque festivals for those of you who need a burlesque festival fix before next year. I do believe that the Toronto Burleque Festival (http://www.torontoburlesquefestival.com/) is happening this weekend, July 23-26. And, as Baby Doe mentioned, BurlyCon (http://www.burlyconseattle.com/) is happening this fall, October 22-25. BurlyCon is pretty much for performers, producers, and others involved in the shows, though, as there are no real shows to attend.
Tease-O-Rama 2009 news: No TOR this yearSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: