Then on Monday, help celebrate the birthday of Hubba Hubba Revue's very own lovable emcee, Eddie Dane! Yes, it'll be the Eddie Dane Birthday Roast at the Uptown Club! Join burlesque performers and celebrity roasters for what will be a hilarious tribute to one of Bay Area burlesque's icons.
Speaking of burlesque icons, join Bombshell Betty and Fromagique at the Retox Room in San Francisco on Thursday for an evening of fun and frolic in the Dog Patch. Drinks, jazz, and Burlesqueteers. There's no better way to spend a summer Thursday evening in the City by the Bay.
This weekend, see La Rena Rose and The New Eccentrics make their debut performance at Red Hots Burlesque at El Rio on Friday evening, then rest up for the big party on Saturday in Oakland. It'll be Sand by the Ton: The Roaring Twenties at Big Art Studios at American Steel. This all-day event will feature music, art, burlesque, and tons of sand and waterslides. Visit www.thebigartexperience.com for a full description of this awesome event. And see sfist.com for some pictures from a previous year's event.
- Thursday, July 29: Whit's-Knee Fun-Raiser 1 at the Uptown Club in Oakland, 1928 Telegraph Avenue. A benefit show for Whitney Moses, a performer who suffered a serious injury to her knee. With performances by Wiggy Darlington, Mynx d'Meanor, Casey Castille, McPuzo & Trotsky, Gibson Pearl, Lola Vauntz, and Professor Shimmy. With music by Vagabondage and Mark Growden. Your emcees will be Kingfish and Eddie of the Hubba Hubba Revue. There will be raffles at the show, and an e-raffle for those who can't attend at www.giveforward.org/whitneymoses (be sure to put "Whitney E-Raffle" in the subject line). Doors at 9pm, show at 10. $5, 21+ w/ID.
- Also Thursday: Fromagique with Burlesque at the Retox Room (in the Dog Patch) in San Francisco, 628 20th Street. Hear Fromagique and My Beemish Boy. See Bombshell Betty, her Burlesqueteers, and special guest Roberth Esmith of Japanese Baby. Laugh along with emcees A. Randy Johnson and Patina DeCopper. 9pm to midnight. $5, 21 and older.
- Friday, July 30: Red Hots Burlesque at El Rio in San Francisco, 3158 Mission Street. Join Dottie Lux for a her weekly show that's always filled with bumps, grinds, and giggle galore! With performances by Gabe Oi, Kiss Me Kate, La Rena Rose, and The New Eccentrics. Show at 7:30pm. $5-10, sliding scale. 21+ w/ID.
- Saturday, July 31: Sand by the Ton: The Roaring Twenties at Big Art Studios at American Steel in Oakland, 1960 Mandela Parkway. Hundred foot water slides, 300 tons of sand, eight swimming pools, nine stages including live music, electronic music stage, bluegrass and circus arts, giant foam wars bathtub, carnival midway and side shows, giant sand sculpture, thousands of your closest friends. And on the Dustfish Bordello Stage, see SF Boylesque, Dark Sparkle, the Burley Sisters, Barbary Coast Burlesque, and La Malinche. Please visit Bigartexperience.com for a full description of the event and for advance tickets. 12pm to 1am. $25-$150, 21 and older.
- Monday, August 2: Uptown Hubba Hubba at the Uptown in Oakland, 1928 Telegraph Avenue. It's a very special show this week at the Uptown for a very special person. It's the Eddie Dane Birthday Roast! Come help Kingfish and the rest of the Hubba Hubba Revue celebrate Eddie's birthday. With burlesque performances by F'risque Dance Troupe, Miss Balla Fire, Ariyana La Fey, and Dixie DeLish! Celebrity roasters will include Sparkly Devil, Mig "Gorilla X" Ponce, Randy Johnson, Patina DeCopper, and comedian Kevin Hancock! Festivities will be hosted by Kingfish and Zip the What-Is-It?! Doors at 9pm, show at 10:15. $5, 21+ w/ID.
As always, for more information, please check the calendar above. Also, you may want to check back during the week to see if there are any late additions to the schedule. And if you have a burlesque show or information about a show that you would like to add to the calendar, please email me at sfbr AT gmx DOT com.