The biggest show of the week seems to be the Devil-Ettes' (www.devilettes.com) Go Go Spectacular on Friday and Saturday. I remember talking with the Assassin of the Devil-Ettes at a show recently and she was saying that it's gonna be a great show. They've put a lot of work into it, and it's gonna be like a 1960s era variety show. So cool! And if you'd like to volunteer at a show on one day, you can see the show on the other day for free! They need help at will call, selling tickets, working the merchandise table, checking id's, usher, etc. Contact Kerry at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to volunteer. Let her know which day you would like to volunteer and if you have a preference as to what you would like to do.
Wow! It looks like Manchego of New York City is visiting our fair city! He'll be performing on Thursday at Little Minsky's at Club Deluxe and on Friday at Red Hots Burlesque. Also performing in those two shows is Sahara Dunes of Portland.
There's a benefit show for Paulie Milagros Schreck at El Rio on Tuesday. That one will feature Kentucky Fried Woman and various drag, burlesque, and live music acts.
Ooh! Barbary Coast Burlesque is having a comic strip and heroes and villains show. That should be fun! And there's a great line-up of local talent performing, too.
The Twilight Vixen Revue will be in a special collaborative show with a magician and a live band at the Jewish Theatre on Friday.
Looking over the week, there seems to be a show for every taste in burlesque. And it's one of those rare weeks when there's a show for every night of the week. It's sort of like New York City! Must be the Manchego influence. Ha ha. :-)
- Monday, November 9: Uptown Hubba Hubba at the Uptown in Oakland, 1928 Telegraph Avenue. Wild animals invade the Uptown! And, no, I'm not talking about Zip the What-Is-It?! This week, the Hubba Hubbas welcome Melissa and her Trained Rats! And there will be burlesque provided that the Trained Rats don't scare the dancers from the dressing room. See Penny Lux, Miss Lida Fire, Cupcake, Francine Dead, Raven, and Savita the Astonishing! Doors at 9pm, show at 10:15ish. $5, 21+ w/ID.
- Tuesday, November 10: PS We Love You: A Benefit for Paulie Milagros Schreck at El Rio in San Francisco, 3158 Mission Street. Paulie Milagros Schreck, 29, was diagnosed with breast cancer shortly before losing her job. We invite you to come support her, with hope that someday soon all Americans will have adequate health care. Featuring MCs Kentucky Fried Woman and Starr 69. With drag and burlesque performances by, Lance Armstar, Savory Sweet, Sugarbush Lane, Lola Vauntz, Nefarious Vulvaleen, Zelda du Jour, Lyric Styles, Miles Dong, James Fancy, and Momma's Boyz. And live music by FishbiteFish, Grin & Barret, The PickUp Pattern, and RiMo. 8-11pm. $10-$20 at the door, 21+ w/ID.
- Wednesday, November 11: Barbary Coast Burlesque at Annie's Social Club in SF, 917 Folsom Street. Barbary Coast Burlesque presents a night of comic strips and super heroes! Starring Super Ugly! With your heroes and villians of the night... Josie Starre, Flame Cynders, Mynx D' Meanor, Lily Le Rouge, Bunny Pistol, Sparkly Devil, Lady Satan, and Dangerous Curves! Show at 8pm. $5, 21+ w/ID.
- Thursday, November 12: Little Minsky's at Club Deluxe in SF, 1511 Haight Street. Looking for a mischievous mix of showgirls, drag, ukuleles, clownish cavorting, comedic cabaret and stylish striptease? Well then join as at Little Minsky's where we'll be sipping cocktails to playful tunes from The Paper Dolls, Wiggy Darlington and McPuzo & Trotksy. Laughing along with humour artists Felicity Hesed & Texas. And basking in the glow of burlesque beauties The Scenic Sisters, Flame Cynders, Mynx d'Meanor and ElectriKat. We have two special guest performers for the night - Sahara Dunes, Portland's Carribean Sapphic Burlesque Sweetheart, and from New York, the boylesque wonder that is Manchego. Our hostess is the star of countless musical theater productions, drag clubs and piano bars - the notoriously charming Trauma Flintstone. Performances run from 10 'till midnight, so swing by, settle in with some tasty tonics and enjoy the show. Doors at 9pm, show at 10. $5, 21+ w/ID.
- Friday, November 13: Red Hots Burlesque at El Rio in SF, 3158 Mission Street. The Cock T- s burlesque cheerleaders and Chester host a show featuring two visiting performers: Sahara Dunes from Portland and Manchego from New York City! Plus local performers Virginia Suicide, Isis Starr, Bitter Waitress. Show at 7:30pm. $5-10 sliding scale, 21+ w/ID.
- Also Friday: Twilight Vixen Revue at The Jewish Theatre in SF, 470 Florida Street. Part of the Interlude: 4 nights of entertainment series, the Twilight Vixen Revue will be performing all night with cohorts David Hirata the magician and New York band One Ring Zero. Twilight Vixen Revue presents a full evening of entertainment hosted by Ellen Sebastian Chang. 8pm. $15 in advance, $18 at the door. Contact the box office today to get your tickets at 415-292-1233; use promo code "GOODTIMES12" to get a special $12 ticket rate.
- Friday, November 13 and Saturday, November 14 : Go Go Spectacular at the Brava Theater in SF, 2781 24th Street. Live action 1960s variety show! Join us for an outrageous, theatrical tribute to the great 60’s variety shows like Laugh-In, Shindig, and Hullabaloo. The Go Go Spectacular will be an action-packed night filled with live performances by The Barbary Coasters and Deke Dickerson’s All Star Frat Band doing a special all go go set! Special guests, comedy, historic tributes to the 1960s by author Domenic Priore (Riot on Sunset Strip and Pop Surf Culture) and author Lynn Peril (Pink Think: Becoming a Woman in Many Uneasy Lessons), vocal powerhouses Scotty from the Hi-Nobles and Alotta Boutte, Kitten on the Keys and Kellita of Hot Pink Feathers go all-out go go and as much shimmying and shaking as The Devil-Ettes and The Mini Skirt Mob can cram into two hours! Drinks at 7pm, show at 8. Tickets are $35 at the door, $25 in advance at www.brownpapertickets.com. 21+ w/ID.
- Saturday, November 14: Diamond Daggers Cabaret & YBCA Big Idea Night pARTy at Yerba Buena Gardens in SF, 701 Mission Street. Raise your awareness, lower your inhibitions and celebrate the "State of the Queer Nation" at Big Idea Night, YBCA's FREE pARTy. Learn more about YBCA's Big Idea, "Bridging the Gap," which focuses on cultural distance and how to close gaps of misunderstandings between people. Amelia Mae Paradise presents Diamond Daggers Cabaret with Diamond Daggers, Alotta Boutte, Simone de la Getto, La Chica Boom, Kentucky Fried Woman and CHUBB! Soapbox Social: 7–9 pm / Big Idea Night Party: 9 pm–2 am. Diamond Daggers Cabaret: 10:45 - 11:30.
Free but RSVP recommeded at http://www.ybca.org/tickets/production/view.aspx?id=9948.
- Sunday, November 15: Debauchery at White Horse Inn in Oakland, 6555 Telegraph Avenue. Debauchery -- A stripclub for queers of all genders! Featuring an enticing selection of salaciously smoldering strippers, $10 Lap dances and naughty raffle prizes! Doors at 7pm, show at 8. $5-15 cover; all proceeds benefit organizations working in the queer community. 21+ w/ID.