Calendar of Events

Sunday, June 7, 2009

2009 Burlesque Hall of Fame Best of Burlesque Pageant Winners and Results

Because last year I wanted the results of the Miss Exotic World Pageant right away, and because I'm here in Vegas this year... Here are the winners of the 2009 Burlesque Hall of Fame Best of Burlesque Pageant! Note that the organizers have dropped the designation of Miss Exotic World 2009 and are using the new designation of "Queen of Burlesque."

Best Debut: Melody Mangler (Vancouver, B.C., )

Best Group: Nanda (Portland, OR and Port Townsend, WA)

Best Variety: Gigi & Pop (Brooklyn, NY)

Best Boylesque: Hot Toddy (Chicago, IL)

Reigning Queen of Burlesque 2009 (formerly Miss Exotic World): Kalani KoKonuts (Las Vegas, NV)

Reigning Queen First Runner Up: Roxy Dlite (Windsor, ON, Canada)

Reigning Queen Second Runner Up: Perle Noire (New Orleans, LA)


There were additional awards presented. The hosts, El Vez and Miss Astrid, said that they were created because there was such a delay in getting the results from the judges for Best Boylesque and Reigning Queen. I've noticed in past years they were called "special awards." The winners are as follows:

Burlesque Hall of Fame Legends Award: Satan's Angel

Most Innovative: Arabella Trapeze (Brooklyn, NY)

Most Classic: Knicker Kittens Burlesque Revue (Stockholm, Sweden)

Most Comical; Little Brooklyn (Brooklyn, NY)

Most Dazzling: Kalani KoKonuts (Las Vegas, NV)


As I'm sitting here in the lobby/coffee shop of the Orleans, I'm watching excited winners and disappointed non-winners passing by. I myself am disappointed that my bowling teammate Vivienne VaVoom wasn't named Reigning Queen. But, I have friends waiting for me at the official afterparty. I shall post more about the goings on here from Friday and Saturday later.
2009 Burlesque Hall of Fame Best of Burlesque Pageant Winners and ResultsSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: