The Hubba Hubba Revue is starting off this weekend with a Halloween show, Nightmare on 13th Street, with their friends The Sizzling Sirens in Sacramento on Friday night. On Saturday, they'll be back in Oakland for their Halloween Bash 2011 at the Uptown Club. On Sunday, they'll be celebrating All Hallow's Eve at the DNA Lounge in San Francisco. On Halloween night, they'll be back at the Uptown for their weekly show. The evil MCs, noted scientiscians, and other members of the show will be working extra hard on those experiments gone terribly, entertainingly wrong!
There's also the 3rd Annual Zombie Prom happening on Friday night at the Verdi Club in San Francisco. Lady Satan and Mynx d'Meanor will be providing the burlesque, and there will be live music from Slim Jenkins for all to enjoy. These proms are very popular, but the organizers have stated that there should be tickets available before the doors open at 8:00 p.m. So if you don't have tickets yet, get there early with $20 in cash in hand for each ticket!
- Friday, October 28: Red Hots Burlesque at El Rio in San Francisco, 3158 Mission Street (map). Come with your sense of humor, get ready to enter the pink bubble. Red Hots Burlesque brings you "Barbary Bump & Grind"! Alexa Von Kickinface, La Chica Boom, Nomy Lamm, Rena La Marr, and the Scarlet Ladders! The show will be hosted by Dottie Lux! 7:30pm. $5 to $10, sliding scale. 21+.
- Also Friday: Sizzling Sirens Burlesque Experience presents Nightmare on 13th Street at the Sterling Ballroom in Sacramento, 1300 H Street (map). A haunting burlesque and variety extravaganza, set in the ballroom of one of Sacramento's historic Victorian mansions. With The Sizzling Sirens Burlesque Experience, Hubba Hubba Revue, and Harley White Jr. Orchestra! With performances by the women of The Sizzling Sirens Burlesque Experience: Jay Siren, Skarlet Feverish, Lucinda Buttons, Colette Corbeau, Meowie Wowie, Alijah Dresden, Jezebel Junk, Sass Herass, Fanny Coquette, and Pantichrist! And Evil MC Kingfish, The Gypsy Cowboys, Dolls of Doom Lola Martinet & Tila Von Twirl (Chicago), Vera DeVille, Sparkly Devil, Honey Lawless, and Gigi d'Flower with the Hubba Hubba Revue! Doors open at 8pm, live music starts at 8:30, and burlesque starts at 9:30. $15 general ($13 if purchased online at sizzlingsirens.bandzoogle.com/gettickets.cfm), $25 reserved seating.
- Also Friday: 3rd Annual SF Zombie Prom (The House of Voodoo) at the Verdi Club in San Francisco, 2424 Mariposa Street (map). Horrific sexy floor shows with Lady Satan and Mynx d'Meanor! Live music with Slim Jenkins! Dj Rockin Raul spinning the most frightening 45rpm platters that matter! Official coffin photo booth and event photographer is Katie Mooney with www.pinupgirlphotography.net! $100 Cash Costume Contest! See the haunted ballroom! Doors open at 8pm. $20 at the door, cash only. 18+, 21+ for the full bar.
- Also Friday: Baxtalo Drom - The Lucky Road at Amnesia in San Francisco, 853 Valencia Street (map). Sail away on a nautical voyage or come on down for some hobo luv! Plus great balkan beats, gypsy punk, bellydancers and burlesque! With Dottie Lux, Roxy Reve, Dixie DeLish, and Siren Sapphire! Plus musical guests and more! 9pm. $7 before 10pm, $10 after. 21+.
- Saturday, October 29: The Uptown and Hubba Hubba Revue present Halloween Bash 2011 at the Uptown Club in Oakland, 1928 Telegraph Avenue (map). 21+. It's the Biggest, Best Halloween party in the East Bay! Starring The Amazing, Bendable, Posable Dolls of Doom (Chicago), Vera DeVille, Mynx d'Meanor, Moose Knuckle, Gigi d'Flower, Kara Nova, Sparkly Devil, Casey Castille, The Displayed Labors Sideshow, and Gorilla X! Bump and grind with musical guests Los Shimmy Shakers (& their sexy Shakettes!). Cash prize costume contest! Hosted by Kingfish, Lee Presson & The Mai Tai Go-Go Dancers! Doors open at 9pm. $12 before 9:30pm, $15 after. $12 advance tickets available at www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=3896125. 21+
- Sunday, October 30: DNA Lounge, Death Guild, Meat & Hubba Hubba Revue present All Hallow's Eve at the DNA Lounge in San Francisco, 75 11th Street (map). Gothic. Industrial. 80s. Breaks. It's the DNA Lounge Halloween Extravaganza! In the main room, Decay (Death Guild), Devon (Meat), Joe Radio (Death Guild), and Netik (Meat)! Featuring performances by Sparkly Devil, Lady Satan, Kara Nova, Rosalyn LaRoux, Pickles Kintaro, Truvy Trollop, Lola Martinet, and Paige Lawrence! Hosted by Dr. Kingfish & Comrade Tang! In the Lounge, experience Billy Casazza, Cosmic Selector, and Dex Stakker! Midnight costume contest with over $1000 in cash prizes! 9pm. $13, tickets may be purchased in advance at www.dnalounge.com/calendar/2011/10.html#30. 18+.
- Monday, October 31: Halloween at Uptown Hubba Hubba at the Uptown Club in Oakland, 1928 Telegraph Avenue (map). Award-winning, Halloween burlesque at low, low recession-era prices! Haunted happenings and Halloween burlesque with Last Night's Fling, Bunny Von Tail, Monifa, Dare-Devil Molotov, Truvy Trollop, Pickles Kintaro, Miss Honey Penny, Lady Brett, and special guest-star The Stripping Granny! Hosted by noted scienticians Drs. Kingfish and Presson, assisted by Nice Nurse Naughty Nightshade. Doors at 9pm, show at 10:15pm. $5. 21+.
- Wednesday, November 2: Red Hots Burlesque at El Rio in San Francisco, 3158 Mission Street (map). Dottie Lux brings you a different show twice at El Rio every single week! Each event promises the seductive and spicy, absurd and amusing all from local and visiting talent. 7:30pm. $5 to $10, sliding scale. 21+.
As always, for more information, please check the calendar above. Also, you may want to check back during the week to see if there are any late additions on the blog. Show times and details may be subject to change. And if you have a burlesque show or information about a show that you would like to add to the calendar, please email me at sfbr AT gmx DOT com.