The week starts off fast with the Accordion Babes from the West Coast Accordion Babes Pin-Up Calendar! They'll be performing with burlesquers Gretl von BoomBoom, Violet Skedaddle & Deadly Nightshade, Kiss Me Kate, and Josie Starre at Uptown Hubba Hubba.
The next shows will be happening on Friday. In addition to Red Hots Burlesque in San Francisco, a special holiday edition of First Friday Follies will happening in Oakland towards the end of the Oakland Art Murmur art walk. See some of your favorite performers dressed in, and undressing out of, their holiday finery!
Then on Saturday, the Kentucky Fried Woman Show will be honoring all of the celebrities who have left us in 2009 at Velvet. And over at Cafe Van Kleef, the Hot Pink Feathers and Blue Bone Express will be performing at their monthly show, Burlesque n' Brass!
Continuing at the Cow Palace in San Francisco will be the Great Dickens Christmas Fair. You'll be sure to want to catch the Saucy French Postcard Tableaux Revue and Saucy Sorcery shows! Plus there'll be Can-Can dancers at Mad Sal's Dockside Ale House, and many more burlesquey kind of shows happening.
So everybody enjoy the first week of December's shows. There will be more holiday-themed shows coming up! :-)
- Monday, November 30: Uptown Hubba Hubba at the Uptown in Oakland, 1928 Telegraph Avenue. It's sexy squeeze-box night at the Uptown as the Accordion Babes join Kingfish and Eddie. They'll all be joined by Gretl von BoomBoom, Violet Skedaddle & Deadly Nightshade, Kiss Me Kate, Josie Starre, and Savage Man-Beast, Zip the What-Is-It?! Doors at 9pm, show at 10:15ish. $5, 21+ w/ID.
- Friday, December 4: Red Hots Burlesque at El Rio in San Francisco, 3158 Mission Street. Dottie Lux brings you a different show every single week! Each event promises the seductive and spicy, absurd and amusing all from local and visiting talent. Show at 7:30pm. $5-10 sliding scale, 21+ w/ID.
- Also Friday: First Friday Follies at the Stork Club in Oakland, 2330 Telegraph Avenue. A special holiday edition of the Follies is coming your way this Friday! Join nativity scenester Margaret France and holiday cheerleaders Little Eyeful, Cupcake, Peaches Velour, Chi Chis del Fuego, and Miss Mae Western for a little holiday cheer! Yuletide yuks will be provided by Candy Churilla, and carols will be sung by The Tantrums. Doors at 9pm, show at 9:30. No cover, but donations always welcomed. 21+ w/ID.
- Also Friday through Sunday, December 6: The Great Dickens Christmas Fair at the Cow Palace in SF, 2600 Geneva Avenue. A holiday adventure into Victorian London, party with hundreds of costumed players in 90,000+ square feet of theatrically-lit music halls, pubs, dance parties and Christmas shops on winding lanes. From toothsome treats, to Craft Ales from local breweries, to shows like Saucy Sorcery and the French Postcard Tableaux Revue (18 and older), to the Dark Garden Unique Corsetry shop, there's lots to see, do, and enjoy. It's a favorite amongst the burlesque crowd, so keep your eyes open and you'll probably see some of your favorite performers! 11am to 7pm. Also Saturdays and Sundays through December 20. Tickets are $10 for children ages 5 – 11 (under 5 are free); $19 for students/seniors/military; and adults are $22 at the door. Groups of 15 or more: $17. Pickwick Club (Fair season pass): $55.00 adult / $25.00 children (available from our office or at the fair). Discount tickets are available online at dickensfair.com.
- Saturday, December 5: Burlesque n' Brass at Cafe Van Kleef in Oakland, 1621 Telegraph Avenue. Join the Samba Burlesque Showgirls the Hot Pink Feathers and Oakland's jazz party band Blue Bone Express for a night of hot dancing and jazz. Doors at 8:30pm, show at 9:30. $10, 21+ w/ID.
- Also Saturday: Kentucky Fried Woman Show--2009 Celebrity Death Tribute at Velvet in Oakland, 3411 MacArthur Boulevard. Join KFW for a tribute show to those celebrities who left us in 2009. The show will also be a fundraiser for the 2010 Femme Conference! Scheduled to appear are Simone de la Getto, Lil Miss Hot Mess, Delicio del Toro, Momma's Boyz, Lance Armstar, The Dangers, Dottie Lux, Starr69, and more... Doors at 8:30pm, show at 9:30. $10, 21+ w/ID.
As always, for more information, please check the calendar above. Also, you may want to check back during the week to see if there are and late additions to this schedule. And if you have a burlesque show or information about a show you would like to add to the calendar, please email me at sfbr AT gmx DOT com.