If you've wanted to see the comedy troupe Killing My Lobster but haven't yet, this Friday will be a good time. They'll have as special guests the Hot Pink Feathers!
And on Saturday, you'll have a choice between Burlesque n' Brass with the Hot Pink Feathers and Blue Bone Express, or the Kentucky Fried Woman Show at Velvet.
Whatever you choose, you'll probably have a great time. So it's a win-win decision! Enjoy, everyone! :-)
- Monday, August 31: Uptown Hubba Hubba at the Uptown in Oakland, 1928 Telegraph Avenue. Celebrate the end of August with Kingfish and Eddie! They'll be joined by Frederique Voix De Ville, Josie Starre, Gretl von BoomBoom, The Can-Cannibals, Victoria & The Vaudvillains, and good ole Zip the What-Is-It! Doors at 9pm, show at 10:15ish. $5, 21+ w/ID.
- Friday, August 28: Red Hots Burlesque at El Rio in SF, 3158 Mission Street. Dottie Lux brings you a different show every single week! Each event promises the seductive and spicy, absurd and amusing all from local and visiting talent. Show at 7:30pm. $5-10 sliding scale, 21+ w/ID.
- Also Friday: Hot Pink Feathers with Killing My Lobster at Traveling Jewish Theatre in San Francisco, 470 Florida Street. This Fall, KML puts the "muse" in amuse, with a show all about the arts and inspiration! Featuring live original music from Olive Mitra and his house band, plus a full line-up of guest artists, KML Patronizes the Arts plays for just 3 weeks only. This week featuring the Hot Pink Feathers! Show at 8pm. Tickets $20 general admission, $15 students w/valid ID.
- Also Friday: First Friday Follies at The Stork Club in Oakland, 2330 Telegraph Avenue. Join emcee Margaret France for a show featuring musical guests The Gomorran Social Aid and Pleasure Club. Plus, see burlesque from Cupcake & Mugg Muggles, Marie La Faux, Bunny Pistol, Sparkly Devil, Bitterwaitress, Trixie Letourneau, and the Dishrag Dollies! Show at 9:30pm. Free, but donations always welcome. 21+ w/ID.
- Saturday, September 5: Burlesque n' Brass at Cafe Van Kleef in Oakland, 1621 Telegraph Avenue. Hot Pink Feathers and Blue Bone Express set fire to CvK once again! 3 full sets of booty-shakin' live music and 4 sets of dance in cozy, eclectic enviro! Doors at 8pm, show at 9:30 sharp! $10 plus tips, 21+ w/ID.
- Also Saturday: Kentucky Fried Woman Show at Velvet in Oakland, 3411 MacArthur Boulevard. Tribute to Dolly Parton! With some of your favorite performers, featuring Simone de la Getto, Momma’s Boyz, Lady Monster, Sir Loin Strip & Friends, Lil Miss Hot Mess, The Lovesax Sisters & The Miller Sisters, Storm Miguel Florez, and all the way from Seattle, a KFW show favorite, the one and only, Pidgeon von Tramp! Show at 9:30pm. $10, 21+ w/ID.
As always, for more information, please check the calendar above. Also, you may want to check back during the week to see if there are and late additions to this schedule. And if you have a burlesque show or information about a show you would like to add to the calendar, please email me at sfbr AT gmx DOT com.