- Monday, March 30, 2009: Uptown Hubba Hubba at the Uptown in Oakland, 1928 Telegraph Avenue. Listen to tales of whiskey and woe with Vagabondage. See the talented sexiness of Simone de la Getto, Bunny Pistol, sASSy Hotbums, Cupcake & Li'l Eyeful, Sparkly Devil, Lola Vauntz, and Calamity Lulu! Doors at 9pm, show at 10:15ish. $5, 21+ w/ID.
- Thursday, April 2: Bombshell Betty and Fromagique Benefit Show at Annie's Social Club in San Francisco, 917 Folsom Street. Join Bombshell Betty and the Burlesqueteers plus Fromagique and the Fromagettes for an evening of burlesque benefiting Stella Lane from Dames of Glory (Stage name Ruby Lee Rouge). She is in need of help for ever mounting hospital bills due to an injury she got while backstage at a show. Also featuring Sneak-A-Peek Sally, Red Velvet, The Amazing Coconuts, Bootsy La Rue, Holly Highbeams, Original Sin Burlesque, and Ruby Lee Rouge (AKA Stella). Plus food catered by Thyme to Eat Cafe and Catering! Doors at 8pm, show at 9:15. $10, larger donations welcome, 21+ w/ID.
- Friday, April 3: Red Hots Burlesque at El Rio in San Francisco, 3158 Mission Street. Dottie Lux brings you a different show every single week! Each event promises the seductive and spicy, absurd and amusing all from local and visiting talent. Show at 7:30pm. $5-10 sliding scale, 21+ w/ID.
- Also Friday: First Friday Follies at the Stork Club in Oakland, 2330 Telegraph Avenue. Join Cupcake and Little Eyeful for a raucous evening of burlesque after the art walk! Starring Chi Chis del Fuego! Bombshell Betty! Kitty Von Quim! Juicy D. Light! Margaret France! Music by Merle and Larry, along with Fromagique! Show at 9:30ish. Free, but donations appreciated, 21+ w/ID.
- Also Friday, Saturdays, and Sundays, April 3-5: Kitten on the Keys in "Does This Piano Make My Ass Look Big?" at Mama Calizo's Voice Factory in SF, 1519 Mission Street. Kitten on the Keys is one of the premier performers in the Bay Area burlesque scene. Her long-awaited one woman musical follows the hi-jinks of a dorky suburban gal who is not so secure, a bit addicted, and oh so slightly socially impaired. This hilarious, rumpus, time-traveling fairytale will tickle your funny bones and stir your nether's like no other. Ms. Kitten's a little Judy Tenuta, a dirty-shot of Mae West, and a dash of Shirley Temple optimism. Show at 8pm Fridays and Saturdays, 2pm on Sundays. Tickets $15-20 at the box office, no one turned away due to lack of funds. Tickets also available at www.brownpapertickets.com/event/56774. 18 and older.
- Saturday, April 4: Burlesque n' Brass at Cafe Van Kleef in Oakland, 1621 Telegraph Avenue. Join the Hot Pink Feathers and Blue Bone Express with special guest host Lt. Glitter!!! Doors at 8:30pm, show at 9:30 sharp! $10, 21+ w/ID.
- Sunday, April 5: Cabaret de Nude at The Stud Bar in SF, 399 9th Street. Vixen Noir, just back from her Australian Tour, and Simone de la Getto, fresh off the Sex Workers Art Show Tour Bus, are back and hotter, funnier, twisted and sexier than ever! Featuring Ms. Cherry Galette, Hapa Hardcore (Lady Fantastique and Princess Ponypants), Ms. Vera DeVille, Bunny Pistol, Thisway/Thatway, Ophelia, and Kellita! Watch go-go dancers Lady Shadow and Genatalia, while resident DJ Ms. Jackson and guest DJ Kali B. spin some of the sexiest music on the planet! Doors at 6pm, show at 7:30. $8 before 7pm, $10 after, 21+ w/ID.
- Also Friday through Sunday, April 3 to 5 (Correction!): Fou Fou Ha's "Out of Order" at Mama Calizo's Voice Factory in SF, 1519 Mission Street. “Out of Order” is a song and dance review set in a toilet. Performed by 8 buffoons known as Fou Fou Ha!, this journey of the absurd will blend slapstick, acrobatics, modern dance, Broadway cabaret numbers and drag queen Muppets as the animated cast of characters are high jacked into a Narnia-gone-wrong voyage through a washroom-portal. Show at 8pm. $15, tickets available at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/59785, 18 or older.
As always, for more information, please check the calendar above. And if you have a burlesque show or information about a show you would like to add to the calendar, please email me at sfbr AT gmx DOT com.